COVID-19 is still spreading in our community as we enter flu season (typically October – March each year).
- It will be possible to contract COVID-19 & influenza (the flu) at the same time.
- COVID-19 and influenza can have similar symptoms, but COVID-19 has additional symptoms
Here are some tips to protect yourself from COVID-19 and the flu:
- Continue to social distance (keep at least 6 feet between you and others you do not live with)
- Wear a face mask when out and about
- Wash your hands often, with soap & water or sanitizer
- GET A FLU SHOT – contact your health care provider or local pharmacy
The CDC’s Vaccine Finder website will help you find a location for a flu shot near you: https://vaccinefinder.org/find-vaccine.