Scott and Rock Island Counties are currently in the first phase, Phase 1A, of providing COVID-19 vaccine. As additional vaccine makes its way into our community, vaccine will be given to other healthcare workers and then to other priority groups identified by the federal and state advisory groups.
Scott County Current Phase: 1A
- Healthcare workers
- Long-term care residents & staff
Next Phase in Iowa: 1B (anticipated February 1)
Iowa’s Infectious Disease Advisory Council released Phase 1B guidance the week of January 11. The Iowa Department of Public Health plans to move the state of Iowa as a whole into Phase 1B no later than February 1.
Phase 1B in Iowa will include:
- Individuals 75 years of age and older
- Individuals vulnerable to exposure to or spread of COVID-19 due to where they live or work:
- Individuals with disabilities living in home settings whom are dependent on attendant care staff, and their attendant care staff, if not otherwise vaccinated under Phase 1a.
- Correctional facility staff and individuals incarcerated, including state and city or county operated facilities.
- Staff of and individuals living in congregate settings, not covered by the first two bullets, including shelters, sober living homes, behavioral health treatment centers, and detention centers. College dormitories shall not be included as part of Phase 1B.
- Where public health data indicates outbreaks or clusters of disease among food, agriculture, distribution and manufacturing workers whom work in or live in congregate settings that do not allow for social distancing. For example, working in a meatpacking or manufacturing production line or migrant workers whom live in bunkroom style housing.
- PK-12 school staff, early childhood education, and childcare workers. Sub-prioritization should consider persons who work with younger and at-risk children in care, to better ensure child-wellbeing and mitigate impact to parent workforce.
- First responders (e.g., firefighters, police officers, and dependent adult abuse and child welfare social workers).
Rock Island County Current Phase: 1A & 1B
Phase 1A in Illinois:
Phase 1B in Illinois:
1B: Critical Workforce (As determined by the Illinois Department of Public Health as of 12/23/2020; Subject to change based on vaccine availability)
- B.1: Firefighters
- B.2: Law Enforcement
- B.3: Other first-responders
- B.4: National Guard for COVID-19 response
- B.5: Childcare providers
- B.6: Congregate care staff
- B.7: Teachers/school staff
- B.8: State & County officials
- B.9: Correctional staff
- B.10: Postal Service workers
- B.11: Food production/delivery/processing
- B.12: Transportation