What does self isolation mean?
- Stay home and do not go to school, public areas or attend gatherings.
- Do not use public transportation, ride sharing or taxis.
- Postpone all travel.
- Wash your hands often and practice good hygiene.
- Postpone all non-essential medical appointments until you have completed your 14 days of self isolation. If you have an essential medical appointment during this time, please work with your healthcare provider and local public health professionals as needed to help coordinate the visit.
When do I need to self-isolate?
If you have symptoms of COVID-19, whether not you have been tested, you will be asked to self isolate for the following:
- 3 days fever free, without the use of fever-reducing medications,
- symptoms are improving, AND
- it has been at least 10 days symptoms started.
If you test positive for COVID-19 but do not have any symptoms, self-isolate until:
- 10 days since the day of the individual was tested.
If you are a contact of an individual that has tested positive, you will need to self-quarantine until:
- 14 days since your last exposure to the positive case.